Thanks as always to Chelsea for hosting!
1. How did your parents decide on your name?
I’ve been told that it’s the only name my dad would accept. My mom had a ton of suggestions, but my dad hated all of them except my name. I joke that I must’ve been named after some secret lover or something, but I really have no idea. My second middle name (yes, I have two) is after my grandma, because I ended up being born on her 50th birthday so they added her middle name to my name.
2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?
No, KMJT isn’t that exciting. It does sort of look like it should be a radio station, though.
3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I’m not married, but I don’t think I’ll make my last name a middle name. I wouldn’t even know which middle name to get rid of (or both!). I also still don’t know if I’ll even change my last name when I get married. I’m perpetually undecided on that.
4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
No, I’m not big on themes.
5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
Nope. It’s never been something I’ve thought much about, but more and more I start wondering what I’d name future children. Still no idea.
6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
I have my grandma’s middle name and so does my baby cousin. My dad and one of his first cousins have the same first name (my dad always went by his middle name), and that name was passed down to both of my brothers as a middle name. I think that’s really it, though. Nothing has been passed down through lots of generations.
7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
I think it’s interesting to see what names are supposed to mean, but I don’t put much stock in it. I wouldn’t name a child based solely on the meaning.
8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
My family’s dog is Zoe, and our previous dog was Sam (short for Samantha). I mean, we aren’t naming dogs Amanda and Jonathan or anything, but there are lots of human names that work for dogs.
9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
There are some, but none of them are coming to mind right now. I probably wouldn’t want to post them anyway just in case someone is reading this and gets offended!
10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?
I don’t know! I like a lot of names but I don’t really have favorites. I do tend to shy away from some of the more recent, “trendy” names and a little more toward traditional but still cute names.