Every Tuesday, I sit here thinking “How is it Tuesday again?!” I don’t know where the time goes or why it passes so quickly. It’s crazy. So, of course, it’s time for Ten on Tuesday, hosted as always by Chelsea at Roots & Rings.
1. If you work, do you drive to work or take public transportation? I drive. I wish I could take the bus, but it would be three buses and an hour and a half of my time each way. Not worth it.
2. How often do you get your haircut? Do you go to the same person every time? More often now than I used to. I used to be one of those people who put it off for months and months – and my hair never looked all that great. Then I got an actual haircut, received tons of compliments, and now I go at least every few months. It’s turned into a once-every-quarter kind of thing. I haven’t succumbed to the “getting a trim every six weeks” idea yet. I was going to the same girl, but last time I tried someone else. I’m still undecided about who I’ll see next time.
3. Do you read the newspaper? If so, a hardcopy or the online version? I read the news online. I read MSNBC, CNN, and The Seattle Times mostly.
4. What is the best book you have read this year? Oh man. I might be a total loser for saying The Hunger Games series, but that’s up there. I also really liked You Know When The Men Are Gone by Siobhan Fallon, even though I came away from it feeling sort of… unsettled.
5. What is the best movie you have seen this year? I’ve barely seen any. I’m just not a huge movie person. I’m trying to be better about it.
6. Do you tend to crave sweet or salty foods? Ugh, BOTH. ALL THE TIME. No, it depends. I do tend to crave them both, though. I don’t discriminate.
7. Do you eat breakfast every day? If so, what do you have? Yep. I always have. If I skip breakfast, I’m starving and miserable by ten or eleven. Lately I just eat an oats & chocolate fiber bar or something. On weekends I’ll eat cereal or something.
8. If you celebrate Easter, what Easter treat/candy are you most looking forward to? I usually go to my parents’ and they give me an Easter basket, but I’ll actually be away this Easter! Uh, please don’t rob my house.
9. How late is “sleeping in” to you? Really, any time after I typically wake up during the week (which is 7 something and really should be earlier).
10. Where are you going on your next vacation? M. and I are going to San Diego in a few weeks, but just for a few days. We’re discussing going to Austin in June or July, especially because my Long-Lost Soulmate Bestie/PinkPal/BRCA Sister lives in Texas and will meet us in Austin if we go. I already want to go back to Italy/Europe really badly… but that’s not going to happen anytime soon.