Oh, Tuesday. I feel much calmer this week than I have in weeks past; there’s less going on and although I’m as busy as ever, I’m taking it a little easier for once. Every little bit of “easy” helps, right?
Anyway, it’s time for this week’s Ten on Tuesday, thanks to Chelsea.
1. What is the weather like in your city today? Crap, as usual. I read that we’ve had the coldest/wettest April in, like, 120 years. Literally. It was rainy, cold, and gray… thanks, Seattle.
2. Do you like the zoo? I’m not a big zoo person, actually. I don’t get that emotional about it in terms of animal abuse and whatnot (although I guess I should be more informed), and I enjoy walking around on a nice day, but I never feel that motivated to go to the zoo.
3. Do you eat coconut? I do not. I hate coconut, actually. I like the smell but that’s it.
4. Have you ever hammered a nail? Are you good at it? I have but I’m quite terrible. It makes hanging things on my walls challenging.
5. Does your family have a vacation destination that you visit often? Not anymore. When I was a kid (until age eleven or so), we’d go to either North or South Carolina every summer and stay in a beach house. I miss it a lot, and since then, there haven’t really been a lot of family vacations.
6. How many pillows do you sleep with? Just one under my head. There’s another one in my bed but I don’t sleep on it.
7. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? Hit the snooze button seventy thousand times and wish I could go back to sleep. Then, once I finally get up, I turn off the heat (if I’ve had it on) and then pee (you asked!).
8. Will you send your kids to summer camp? I don’t know. I never went, myself, so I don’t know if it’s that important to me. I guess we’ll see if it’s something my future children are interested in.
9. What do you put in your baked potatoes? CHEESE! And sour cream.
10. Did you take swimming lessons as a kid? Yes, for quite some time. I… still can’t really swim.