I’m exhausted, probably getting sick, and have been battling some wicked anxiety issues the past week… but that certainly won’t stop me from participating in Ten on Tuesday (thanks to Roots & Rings).
1. From your childhood, what do you miss most about summer vacation?
All the time off! It was amazing being able to sleep in and stay up late and fill the day with whatever I wanted to do.
2. Are you going anywhere on vacation this summer?
Nothing is planned yet. I’d like to but there’s nothing in the works and I don’t know if anything will happen.
3. What foods do you like to barbecue?
I don’t really barbecue. Is that lame? Probably. I like veggie burgers? Or chicken.
4. How do you celebrate the fourth of July?
Nothing too crazy. I don’t even really remember the last year I went to fire works. Last year I was visiting M. in Texas and we just went to a barbecue at his friends’ house. This year… I don’t know what we’ll do.
5. What’s your favorite beverage to drink in the summertime?
I LOVE a good beer, and summer is also the only time I ever really crave white wine.
6. What movie are you looking forward to seeing this summer?
I don’t really care. I am sort of curious to see The Help, only because I read the book a few months ago.
7. In the car: windows down or AC?
AC. I actually really don’t like driving with the windows down.
8. Have you ever had a summer fling?
Yeah… I guess you could say that. I’ve had various “relationships” that took place during a summer and/or only happened because it was summer, but none of them were the traditional summer fling you think of (like, I don’t know, on Grease or whatever).
9. Do you wear sunscreen?
Yes! BRCA2+ and high risk for melanoma FOR THE WIN! I’m all about the sunscreen (uh, not like we have sun here!).
10. Do you have any favorite summertime activities?
Lying out in the sun. I have an amazing rooftop deck I love when it’s warm out. I love the beach, too.