These are my questions! Woo, I’m famous! Okay, I’m not that cool… but they are my questions and I’m sorry if they’re lame. I wanted to submit some and happened to look at my phone, so… phone questions! Thanks to Chelsea for hosting, as always!
1. What type of phone do you have? Do you like it? I have the HTC EVO. It’s been great, although lately it’s having some weird quirks, like a voicemail icon that won’t go away even though I DON’T HAVE A VOICEMAIL.
2. How old were you when you got your first cell phone? I didn’t get a cell phone until I was 18. My parents told me that if I had one, I’d have to pay for it, and I just didn’t feel like spending that much money. Once I turned 18 and was getting ready to go to college, I figured it would be a good idea.
3. How many cell phones have you owned since your first? Let’s see. I had my first little blue one. I got rid of it after a year to get my silver one (that had a mirror on the front, which was awesome). That lasted about a year until I got the Razr through a friend who worked at AT&T. That one actually lasted about two years, which is unheard of for a Razr! Then I had to switch providers so I got my pink flip phone.. then switched again and got my first smartphone, the Palm Pre (which I replaced I think 5 times), and now I have my EVO. God, that’s a ton of phones.
4. How much is your average monthly phone bill? About $80. I have the sprint $69.99 unlimited plan (unlimited text/data/mobile-to-mobile, 450 landline minutes) plus the $10 4G charge… but then I get a discount through my work.
5. When you were a kid/teenager, were you allowed to have a phone in your room? I think I got one when I was fourteen or so. I even had my own phone line (which is another reason I didn’t care too much about getting a cell phone).
6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you despise it? Or somewhere in-between? I go back and forth. I like it if I’m in the right mood, but often times I’m not in that mood.
7. Do you text a lot? Is texting/talking while driving illegal where you live? Are you guilty of it anyway? I text quite a bit, but nothing crazy. I’m not like that kid who send 10,000 texts in a month or whatever. Texting and talking on cell phones are both illegal while driving. I try not to do it, but… sometimes I’m going 0mph stopped in traffic and can’t help myself.
8. What sort of texting keyboard does your phone have? Touch screen, slide out, or something different? Do you care? It’s a touch screen. I’m still getting used to it. And by “do you care?” I think I meant “do you have a preference?” and I don’t.
9. Look at the last call in your call log – who is it? What were they calling about? Who calls you the most? My doctor’s office to schedule an appointment. As far as who calls me the most, pretty much the ONLY people who call me are my boyfriend, my best friend, and my parents. In that order.
10. What is the longest phone call you can recall having? I have no idea. I remember being on the phone for 4+ hours when I was a teenager.