Today’s Ten on Tuesday questions are zoo-themed. I haven’t been to a zoo in… well, I guess a year and a half or so, but before that it was multiple years. I’m answering anyway! These questions are from Lindsey at The Rowland Family and of course ToT is hosted by Chelsea at Roots and Rings.
1. What is your favorite zoo to visit?
I guess Seattle’s Woodland Park Zoo, because that’s the only real option.
2. Do you visit a zoo very often?
Not at all. I went for a random trip a year or two ago right toward the end of summer, and before that I hadn’t been since I went to the zoo in Grand Rapids when visiting a friend back in 2004 or so.
3. Do you have a membership to a zoo?
4. When you visit a zoo, do you stay all day or just an hour or two?
I don’t love staying all day anywhere, really (I’m a freaky homebody). I’d be open to being at the zoo all day if it was sunny and warm and I could enjoy the weather, but otherwise I get bored of things fairly quickly so a few hours is enough.
5. Do you buy food at the zoo or pack a picnic lunch?
I don’t know that you can bring your own food. I’ve never tried. I also can’t recall eating food at the zoo, period, so… I don’t know!
6. What is you favorite animal to see at the zoo?
I have a recent obsession with giraffes for some reason. I think it’s because of that mini giraffe commercial. I also like monkeys and elephants and penguins!
7. What is your least favorite animal to see at the zoo?
I don’t know that I have a least favorite. I guess I’m not that into reptiles in general.
8. What is your favorite memory of going to the zoo as a kid?
I remember going to the Cincinnati Zoo when I was a kid and my parents buying me a hot pink baseball cap with a snow leopard (or something) on it. I was pretty excited about that.
9. Do you visit the gift shop when you go to the zoo?
As evidenced from my previous answer, I at least have visited the gift shop. I generally will check it out, but I don’t usually buy anything anymore.
10. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best and 1 being the worst) how nice is your city’s zoo?
I actually don’t have a huge amount of comparison. I’d say it’s probably pretty nice, though.