1. Mac or Windows? (Or Linux for you super geeks!) Windows! I just cannot get into Macs.
2. What drew you to that operating system? I was raised to hate Macs. My dad has always been in IT and is a huge computer nerd, and for whatever reason he’s never been a Mac fan. Now I’m just so used to Windows – it’s the only thing I’ve ever used personally and professionally – that I don’t care to learn a whole new operating system.
3. Mice – Wireless or Wired? Mouse pad or none? I have bad luck with wireless mouses. The batteries always die too soon. I generally stick with wired but I don’t really care much. I have a mouse pad at work but I don’t use one at home.
4. Other than the Internet – What do you use your computer most for? Wow, I don’t know. Maybe listening to music?
5. What’s one computer-related thing you wish you were best at? (CSS, Photoshop, Excel, etc.) I wish I knew how to use Photoshop, period. Being better at Excel could be cool, but I also really wish I knew HTML/CSS/web design/etc. Like really a lot.
6. Describe the first time you ever used a computer. I was very young. I don’t remember the very first time, but I remember using them at school in first grade and shortly after that at home.
7. How often do you upgrade to a new operating system? Not very. My personal laptop is still chillin’ on Vista.
8. Are you a short-cutter (CTRL+C) or a right-clicker? 99% of the time I’m a short-cutter.
9. Is computer-use a constant thing in your life (such as using it both at work and home) or do you get a break (because you don’t use them at work)? It’s constant – probably too much so. I’m on the computer almost all day at work, and then playing on the internet takes up a lot of my leisure time, too.
10. Where do you think the world would be if personal computers did not exist? I don’t know, but I can’t imagine my own life without them on so many levels.