1. Do you listen to the radio in your car? If so, what type of station do you like? I do. I never used to, but the past year or so I’ve gotten lazy and started listening to it. I vascillate between KEXP, one of the two local NPR stations, or… the pop/hip-hop/R&B stations. Yeah, I don’t get it either.
2. What is the best concert you have ever attended? Here’s a secret: I’m not a big concert person. I LOVE music, but I can do without the whole “concert experience.” I despise standing for hours, plus I’m 5’1. I cannot see over all the tall people, nor can I breathe when I’m surrounded by tall people sucking up all the fresh air (and yes, I have passed out at a concert before). Therefore, I can’t even answer this question. I feel like that’s kind of sad.
3. What is the most embarrassing concert you have ever attended? Oh lord. The only things coming to mind are Sugar Ray and/or Edwin McCain (remember him?). They were both at huge concert festivals I went to in middle school and early high school.
4. If you could have the singing voice of anyone in the world, who would it be? Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine, I think. That’s the first person who comes to mind at least.
5. You’re auditioning for American Idol. What song do you sing? I’m no fun because I have NO idea. I don’t know what really works with my voice. Also I can’t sing.
6. If your previous weekend had its own soundtrack, what would be a few of the songs? Are there songs about being really really busy? Because… those.
7. Most annoying television show theme song ever: I’m cheating because this isn’t a TV theme song. BUT. THIS is the most annoying thing. Ever.
8. Are you and your significant other music-compatible? For the most part. I don’t really listen to any of my music around other people because I have some sort of weird complex about it. He never really plays anything I can’t stand but he’s also not as interested in music as I am. He’s also the only other person I’ve met who often finds Sublime as annoying as I do, so I’d say that’s a win. (I don’t hate Sublime, they just… are really annoying to me sometimes.)
9. A song that brings me back to middle school: “All My Life” by K-Ci and JoJo.
10. A song that brings me back to high school: SO many. I was such a little emo music nerd in high school. The first thing that comes to mind is pretty much anything by The Juliana Theory. OR the entirety of Taking Back Sunday’s “Tell All Your Friends” album. Oh God.
11. A guilty pleasure song (or three): Anything by Kanye, “Novacaine” by Frank Ocean, various Katy Perry songs (but I get REALLY sick of them once they’re overplayed to death on the radio), LADY GAGA, Taylor Swift… the list goes on.