Because yesterday was a holiday, Tuesday is the beginning of the week – and the first day of my new job! Gotta love starting during a short week, though. To celebrate, here are some Ten on Tuesday questions thanks to Chelsea.
1. What did you get for Christmas? Various things. I got a few watches, some boots and clothes, jewelry, gift cards, etc. Lots of good things.
2. Have you taken down your Christmas decorations? I did on Sunday. It’s kind of sad now.
3. What did you do for New Years Eve? I went with M. and some of our friends to the little bar down the street from my apartment. Very laid-back but pretty fun. Better than most NYEs I’ve had!
4. Do you like accents? I do! I often wish I had one instead of sounding like a total generic American.
5. What kind of television do you have? It’s a Sony something-or-other. Flat-screen, medium sized.
6. Did you make any changes at the beginning of 2012? Nothing yet!
7. What’s the last book you read and do you recommend it? I most recently read The Group by Mary McCarthy. Before it, I read A Fortunate Age which is apparently an homage/updated version to The Group. It was pretty interesting to read them that close together because I could really see how very similar they are. I’d recommend both.
8. Do you stay current on celebrity gossip? To an extent, yes. I don’t care about, like, where Angelina and Brad had dinner last night, but I do know about bigger things that happen.
9. Do you know the words to Bohemian Rhapsody? Gangstas Paradise? Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? Some of Bohemian Rhapsody, a little of Gangstas Paradise, ALL of the Fresh Prince theme song.
10. What is your favorite education television show? I… don’t think I have one. I can’t even think of any off the top of my head!