Happy Valentine’s Day! I don’t do too much to celebrate it, but I do have some very special Ten on Tuesday questions to mark the occasion, thanks to Chelsea at Roots and Rings. Go visit her blog, link up, and join in!
1. How do you feel about Valentine’s Day? I don’t really care either way. I don’t despise it but it’s not something I get too excited about, either.
2. Are you in love? Yes. ❤
3. What is your favorite love song? See yesterday’s post. As far as more traditional songs go… I don’t know but I’m sort of excited to see people’s answers to this.
4. Did your parents do anything for you on Valentine’s Day when you were a child? I would always get a little present or two and some candy.
5. What is your love language? Words of affirmation, followed closely by quality time.
6. How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Gifts? Dinner? Nothing special. This year we’re doing a very casual dinner and small gifts; last year we had dinner, I baked him cookies and be brought me flowers. Very low-key.
7. What is your favorite flower? I really like stargazer lilys but I think most flowers are pretty.
8. What is your favorite love story? (Book and/or movie.) Oh this is hard! I tend to be rather cynical about stuff in most books/movies. I do have a soft spot for The Time Traveler’s Wife (book, not movie), though.
9. What is the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you? Or you have done for someone? I probably haven’t done anything very romantic for anyone, sadly. Kind of goes along with the whole “not being creative” thing. I don’t really know the most romantic thing someone else has done, either, though I’m sure there is something…
10. How did you meet your spouse/significant other? My boyfriend is my best friend’s cousin. I’m pretty sure the first time we met was in 1998 although neither of us remember meeting (we just both remember being at the same family event). We met a few other times (2004 and 2008) before actually getting to know each other in 2009.