I’m really bad at furniture and decorating and all of that, but… I’m talking about it anyway. Because it’s Tuesday and that’s what I do. This week’s questions are from Tina at Best of Times and hosted by Chelsea at Roots and Rings.
1. Ikea: over-hyped and confusing or genius furniture company? Pretty much somewhere in between. I’m not at the point in my life where I can talk crap about Ikea being cheap because I don’t exactly have nice furniture. And I do generally think it’s kind of awesome.
2. Your favorite interior-decorator-type person wants to makeover one room in your house. Which room do you choose and why? I don’t know who that person would be, but I think either my living room or bedroom. Probably the bedroom.
3. Describe the furniture in your childhood bedroom. Did you like it? Where is that furniture now? It wasn’t anything terribly exciting: a bed, two dressers, a desk with a chair, a book shelf. The bed is in my room now, as is the desk. The dressers are at my parents’ house. I’m not really sure what became of the shelf but I think it’s at my parents’, too. By “childhood” bedroom I actually mean “teenage” but whatever.
4. When you’re done with furniture, what do you do with it? Donate it to Goodwill OR Sell it on Craigslist OR Put it by the curb and hope the trash guys take it? I would start by trying to sell it or give it to someone, then donate it. I hate the idea of just leaving something by the curb. It makes me sad.
5. My Pinterest furniture style could best be described as
so random and varied it’s undefinable
I… don’t know.
6. Name the most important furniture/toy in a toddler’s playroom. And why? I don’t think I’m qualified to answer this!
7. Your parents (or grandparents or other relative) are giving away all their furniture. Which piece do you really want? I want someone’s bed because I want a queen bed.
8. Your biggest furniture buying or home decorating regret? My lack of decorating. It’s only been the past year or two that I’ve actively tried to make things look good, but I still have a lot to learn.
9. $1000 gift card! Do you want it to Ethan Allen, ikea, Pottery Barn Kids? Not Pottery Barn Kids because I don’t have kids… but how about just regular Pottery Barn?
10. Bunk beds, loft beds, trundle beds, or canopy beds? Regular beds!